I want to book a show! What next?
The bar opens at 6pm. Shows are 19+ unless negotiated in advance before your booking
- Specify if this is meant to be anything other than our usual 19+ policy.
- Make every show an event. Just because you’ve booked a show doesn’t mean anyone will show up unless you heavily promote it. Utilize flyering, emails, and social networking to invite as many people as possible to your show.
- Communicate – we will help you promote, get listed in all the local magazines and blogs, but you gotta tell us what’s going on!
- Become familiar with our venue and calendar of upcoming shows.
- Learn about the venue, stage size, etc. Come out to The Cavern for other shows prior to your show. Meet as many people as you can and invite them to come hear you. Personal invitations go a long way.
If you read this and it all sounds good, thank you – and we honestly can’t wait to work with you!
- QSC Touch Mix 16 channel Mixing Console
- 2 x Mackie SRM 450 powered speakers
- 1 x Crest Performance LQ-10p speaker
- 1 x Mackie SRM 450 monitor
- 4 x SM58 microphones
- 1 x SH55 microphone
- 4 LED halogen stage lights
- Fog machine
- 1 x Eccler Nuo DJ mixer
- 2 x Pioneer CDJ 200 CD players
- All necessary mic stands and XLRs, cables, drum carpet, etc.
- TAMA house drum kit (minus breakables), includes all hardware (throne/stool, kick pedal, 3 cymbal stands, 2 rack toms, floor tom, bass drum)
- Bass Head & Cab = TRAYNOR Dynabass 400H - Yorkville Bass Cab 410 - 8ohms / 500watts
- Guitar Amp = Hughes Kettner Attax 100 hybrid tube amp
- Epiphone electric guitar
- 10.5’(w) x 8’(d)
- No drum riser
- No dressing rooms
- Load in access from the main entrance of the bar / hostel on Church Street
Contact us with the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible. We look forward to having a whiskey with you soon!
The Cavern Bar is located inside the HI-Toronto hostel. Yes, that's right. This means you can attend a concert or play a gig and hang out with travellers from all over and, if you're from out-of-town, even sleep on-site if you'd like. You'll be an elevator ride away from your bed!
The hostel offers the following services. Don't wait and book your stay now >>
LIVE MUSIC, CHEAP DRINKS AND GOOD FOOD EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK!
The Cavern Bar opened to the public in March 2014 and is located underneath the HI-Toronto Hostel. Since then, we've had many musicians, comedians, cool patrons come from around the world and Toronto to play, perform and hang out in our bar. We've had artists all the way from Iceland, Holland, Germany, Australia, all over Canada & the USA and of course many many amazing local Toronto bands grace us with their presence on stage.
The Cavern Bar is predominantly a live music hostel bar but we also hold weekly activities ranging from Open mic, Comedy and Trivia. We specialize in serving local beers and have over 44 whiskies to choose from!
Bookings & Management - (416) 971-4440 x 2
Bar - (416) 971-4440 x 210
Lost & Found - (416) 971-4440 x 1
76 Church Street, Toronto
Sun - Wed 6:00pm – 1am
Thurs - Sat 6:00pm – 2am
Bar - cavernbar(a)hihostels.ca
Hostel - toronto(a)hihostels.ca