WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The bar opens at 11 a.m.
- Shows are 19+ (Unless negotiated in advance before your booking).
- Specify if this is meant to be anything other than our usual 19 + policy.
- Currently we have the capacity for 47 guests which is in the process of being increased.
- Our venue is ideal for acoustic, or indie pop rock, alternative, folk cover bands and jazz and blues. It is not unfortunately suitable for heavy rock, rap or metal.
- All ages shows can be booked with the understanding that security will be required at a cost of $150 + taxes.
- Make every show an event. >> Just because you’ve booked a show doesn’t mean anyone will show up unless you heavily promote it.
- We strongly encourage each band to adopt a "Pay What You Can" policy at the door that way your music can reach more people and no one is turned away.
- Due to the venue being part of a hostel, hostel guests must be guaranteed free entry by presenting their hostel card at the door.
- For the same reason, music has to stop at midnight.
- Become familiar with our venue and calendar of upcoming shows.
- Learn about the venue, stage size,etc.
- Come out to The Cavern for other shows prior to your show.
- Meet as many people as you can and invite them to come and hear you.
- Personal invitations go a long way.
QSC Touch Mix 16 channel Mixing Console
2 x Mackie SRM 450 powered speakers
- 1 x Crest Performance LQ-10p speaker
- 1 x Mackie SRM 450 monitor
- 4 x SM58 microphones
- 1 x SH55 microphone
- 4 LED halogen stage lights
- Fog machine
- 1 x Eccler Nuo DJ mixer
- 2 x Pioneer CDJ 200 CD players
- All necessary mic stands and XLRs, cables, drum carpet, etc.
- TAMA house drum kit (minus breakables), includes all hardware (throne/stool, kick pedal, 3 cymbal stands, 2 rack toms, floor tom, bass drum)
- Bass Head & Cab = TRAYNOR Dynabass 400H - Yorkville Bass Cab 410 - 8ohms / 500watts
- Guitar Amp = Hughes Kettner Attax 100 hybrid tube amp
- Epiphone electric guitar
- 10.5’(w) x 8’(d)
- No drum riser
- No dressing rooms
- Load in access from the main entrance of the bar / hostel on Church Street
Fill in the form below to get in touch and we'll get back to you as soon as humanly possible.
We look forward to having a whiskey with you soon!